The Expressive Thread

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Memories of Building an Art Studio

Memory #1: Tough to work from home with construction activities:
Yesterday I was working like a little bee and wham during a call/preso my connection was lost to my computer --- I tried a new route and it still wouldn’t work. So I looked out the studio window and there was a little guy standing in the dirt beside the digger with a red cable in his hand. I was able to call Husband to get him to call TWC (internet access and TV) to get someone to come out, rejoined the meeting, then 10 minutes later the phone went dead.

Walked over to the window again and there was a little man with a black cable in his hand – little sprangly wires were sticking out the end of the cable. So I rejoin my meeting on my cell. Then the door rang and it was the little man saying oopsie – so I had to drop off my meeting to deal with that.

Then Niece comes dragging up the street. She looked tired. Poor thing was not feeling well. She looks like she could use 12 hrs of straight sleep.

Then Husband calls on my cell - he cant find a phone number for cable or the phone company so I had to go find it off an old bill for his poor little self. I called the builder who came over in his dress clothes and wired up both cables, just as the TWC and phone trucks pull up. So the cable guy talked to me about re-running the wire behind the house and then the phone guy came up and just stood and looked at the dirt a long time. I was like – well, figure it out – he was wanting me to tell him what to do, where to route it.

Of course none of this stuff was marked and I guess the concrete man didn’t think to call. The wires were under the old driveway. What a mess. Husband had a hair cut so of course he was here about 5 minutes and then left for me to deal with it all even tho I had back-to-back meetings until 7 .. They are supposed to come out today and pour the concrete. At least they didn’t hit the gas line.

I’ve increased my anti-depressants

No comments: